Who makes better videos?

Monday, May 04, 2009

Question of the Day: Is Marriage Overrated? If not, why are less and less people getting married and more and more people getting divorced?

The recent news about Nas and Kelis got me thinking that maybe marriage isn't on the priority list of today's generation. It certainly isn't as valued and upheld as it was when my grandparents first wed. I know that was a long time ago but I still feel like it is a priority for someone like myself. When you look at the things that you want to accomplish in life, where does marriage fit? Does it fit at all?

3 comments:

jiburgess said...

Man i see nothing but successful marriages around me so it is high up on my priority list. My parents were married for 30 years, my aunts and uncles for 26 and 24 years respectively. And before my grandfather passed my grandparents were married for 54 years. I have to do well at marriage.

DIVINE PERCEPTION said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DIVINE PERCEPTION said...

aww that's great jethro..marriage is high up on my list as well. I haven't necessarily been raised in a household where marriage existed. However, i think it's one of those things that isn't learned b/c people don't want to learn about it. People are stuck on the stereotypes surrounding marriage, and not the truth of the matter. It can actually be a healthy thing, when done with someone you truly love. I think if more people in our generation were educated about it, they wouldn't associate it with being a bad thing. Maybe tv and videos, etc. make people want to live this glamorous single life, but when they get home, they're sad and lonely. I think marriages teach you a lot about yourself too. So for someone who is married, it shows a lot about their character, if they are in it for the right reasons.

Hits

Blog Archive

The Believers