Friday, May 01, 2009
FRIDAY FISH FRY: Comcast... Ni**a Rigged Cable, Phone, and Internet...
I've just about had it up to here with Comcast. I swear that they are the most ni**erish cable company ever. Let me outline the series of events that led me to this conclusion:
1. Installation was way too quick. I swear that dude was in and out of there in like 10 minutes and didn't even stay to make sure that everything worked.
2. No more than a week after installation, my DVR box is unable to record. This sucks! You know that DVR is extra, so make sure that this shit works before you bring it to me.
3. A different cable guy comes out this time and swaps out the DVR box. BOOST!
4. A day later, we realize that our HD channels aren't working anymore because my TV settings have been changed. The TV was getting all cable channels when it was on channel 3. Then, this dude switches my TV settings to receive cable on some weird auxiliary channel and I can't see any of my HD channels.
5. I call to request repair. I schedule a time slot between 2 and 5 THIS AFTERNOON.
6. It's 9:45AM... WHY THE F**K IS THE CABLE REPAIR GUY CALLING ME ASKING IF I'M AT HOME? Dude, you aren't scheduled to come for another 4.5 hours. PEOPLE DO HAVE TO WORK, YOU KNOW? I mean, how else could I afford your expensive ass shit!
OK... now that I've vented, let's commence this frying session. Give me the lard for this one. I'm going to need to grease this bastard up real good...
You're service is some shit! Obviously, you pride yourselves on actually being early for appointments. However, it is rude to call a customer 4 hours before the scheduled appointment just because it is convenient for you. Mr. Cable repair guy, you're an asshole.
I've had to call customer service on 4 different occasions for various issues and I've only had your service for half a month. I haven't even paid the first bill yet and judging from the gravity of this bullshit, I may not pay that shit and just go ahead and get Verizon's more expensive bullshit.
If Comcast were a bottle of Champagne, it would probably be that Ace of Spades bullshit. Expensive bubbly, but it tastes like piss in a bottle.
What ever happened to integrity and fair practices in business? I mean, is it too much to ask to (1) get equipment that works (2) get a cable repair guy that can tell time and (3) get what I pay for?
Do you know how expensive your ni**ga rigged shit is? I'm coming up out of pockets for this mess. The LEAST you can do is make sure that my shit works.
Now, I gotta go home and wait for this butt munch to show up this afternoon. I should get some free movie channels for this. What an inconvenience.
This Friday Fish Fry is brought to you in part by this crackhead... who I'm sure was at one time, if he is not still currently, employed by Comcast: